Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Zager Guitar Review By Twoims

Product: Zager ZAD 50CE

Features : 10

This guitar was produced in 2010. Following is a partial list of features; Style; Dreadnought, Closed grove keys; hand fitted saddle;hand fitted frets; abalone inlay rosette; mahogany sides and back; spruce top; sunburst finsih; Electronics are active and include, high/mid/low/volume/and presence controls, and a built in tuner.
Sound : 9
The guitar has a full bright sound without sounding tinny. The advantage of this sound is it carries well without being amplified and is very good when being played with non amplified instruments such as banjos, etc.
Action, Fit, & Finish : 10
Construction and action are the keynotes of Zager guitars. This is one catagory that rates a full 10 of both Zager guitars I have purchased.
Reliability/Durability : 10
This is one catagory that I cannot speak of from persona experience as I have just purchased the guitar. I can only state what appears to be and what I believe except for the first item. I have used the guitar on two gigs with no problems, albiet connecting the strap on the neck with leather ties. Can I depend on it? Yes, I believe so.
Customer Support : 9
I can only say that in my experience, Zager is the best guitar company I have ever delt with. Qualifying that with, in the past I have only delt with authorized dealers. And everyone knows that any warranty on anything is only as good as the dealer.
However, dealing with Zager eliminates that problem.
The warranty is life time. P. S. When dealing with Zager Guitar, you do not deal with telephone menues, but a real person.
Overall Rating : 9
I have been playing for over thirty years, bass guitar, a little lead guitar and some keyboard, country and old rock and roll. Recently, I've been moving into bluegrass. I. E. the reason for a new box guitar. I looked and compared quality and price with Gibson/Martin/Fender for three months before I purchased. The selling feature was Zager Modification. The strings on this guitar are almost as close to the frets as my Tele and it has no string buzz.
Email: twoims at aolcom

No comments:

Post a Comment