Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zager ZAD 80 Guitar Review By Robert Wood

Features :
This model has rosewood back and sides, with solid cedar top and
Grover keys. Dreadnought body with absolutely perfect finish! The
most beautiful instrument I have ever seen!!
Sound :
My zad80 has a sound a player always dreamed of. Great volume and
sustain, with a rich mellow tone which literally sparkles from bass
to treble. Outstanding !!
Action, Fit, & Finish :
I know when a guitar is set up properly and this one is on the mark!
Correct relief on the neck, nut set with .018 nut height at first fret, .105 at the 12th fret. Intonation is very good. The frets are
all set perfectly. There is not one single flaw in workmanship nor
finish which I can detect.
Reliability/Durability :
Needless ti say, I have not owned this instrument ling enough to say
how long it will last. But it appears solidly built. Zager must have
confidence in it or they would not give a lifetime guarantee with free shipping both ways, or your money back. Try beating that anywhere!!
Customer Support : 10
This company is helpful beyond belief. I chipped the saddle while changing strings and Zager had me ship it back for repair free including shipping both ways. I had it back in five working days. And
they did it all with a smile. Even sent me a new set of strings and
a handful of picks.. ONLY AT ZAGER GUITARS!!!!
Overall Rating :
I have been playing for at least 45 yrs. and have owned several guitars including Gibsons, Seaguls and several others.I love everything about this guitar. I have compared it to guitars costing $ 3,ooo and none can beat it overall, Only one high end Martin could
equal it all things considered. If I ever buy another guitar, it would just be for the sake of variety, not quality.
I have one complaint, I wish it had a strap button at the neck. I will be very disappointed if my evaluation does not get published. I will be watching !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment